Also follow me at chickdelish.tumblr.com

Jan 1, 2010

Law Abiding Citizen

Photobucket Photobucket


When I first saw the trailer for 'Law Abiding Citizen'I was so excited to watch this movie. I thought, damnnn hardcore thriller and action, maybe even something like se7en, and I absolutely loveeee that movie. Yet as I was watching Law abiding citizen, I felt more and more disappointed, because Geez this movie was so promising, it had some wonderful visual effects, it could have been really thrilling, to get me on the edge of my seat and it had one good scare tactic, with the judge getting killed by the phone was just gruesome. BUT that was it. There was no real clear timeline, first it seemed to be present, than it was ten years later and then suddenly the daughter of the new D.A. (Jamie Foxx) was 12, so suddenly there was a timejump of 2 years unannounced for no real reason, which made it real hard to really get a feeling of what the characters were thinking or feeling. Also, there some things that should have had more depth, such as the so-called-boyfriend or something Chester which came up with some really good info. However, more important, the people chosen for the characters just kind of felt off. You can agree or disagree with me, but Jamie Foxx... not such a good idea. I understand you need a really slick person for the kind role of Nick the attorney who makes deals with murderers, but Jamie Foxx just felt too slick. Too slick to see another expression on his face such as real worry or fear. And Gerald Butler, I personally love Gerald Butler, I think he knows how to really act, yet in this movie, he sort of came over as uncredible. When this movie was getting to its ending I just felt like this movie really wanted to be something like Se7en, with the quick, gruesome and intelligent killings, but to me as this movie proved this as well, you cannot just be like Se7en just because you have some of the ingredients. So all in all, I watched it, but I didn't watch with the same conviction and pleasure as I watched the trailer of this movie.

PS. I didn't notice this until now, but the posters kind offfff look alike, sort of Gerald butler being the new Brad Pitt and Jamie Foxx being the new Morgan Freeman??
(If this is the case, Jamie Foxx really needs some more practising.)

No comments:

Post a Comment